CommunityMaking a Difference
Godolphin and Latymer strives to be a good neighbour and to have a positive impact on our local community. Community projects and fundraising are co-ordinated by the students and staff on our Social Impact Committee. Organisations we support include:
- Sleep Out to Help Out: On a chilly October night, Sixth Form students and staff slept out on the school grounds to raise money for local homelessness charity Glass Door.
- Christmas Collections: The Social Impact Committee amassed an impressive collection of Christmas gifts and vouchers for teenagers from the most vulnerable families in our local area.
- Hammersmith and Fulham Foodbank: In December our school community raised £3,912 for the Hammersmith and Fulham Foodbank. In addition, the PTFA donated £1,550 through profits from sales at the Festive Fair.
- DEC Turkey-Syria Earthquake Appeal: Shocked and moved by the terrible news of the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria and the resulting humanitarian disaster, we collectively ran, walked, jogged, skipped and rowed 3,333km, the distance from Godolphin to the epi-centre of the earthquake, and raised over £16,000 for the Save the Children DEC Turkey-Syria Earthquake Appeal. Our School Birthday mufti-day raised an additional £2,615.00.
- TRAID Second-hand Clothes Sale
Our Sustainability Committee organised two second-hand clothes and accessories sales with profits totalling over £1000.00 going to the anti-fast fashion charity TRAID.
- Fundraising for Macmillan: For World Cancer Day, staff and students from across the school walked, ran and rowed to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation: Year 9 students Eden, Monica, Sienna, Emma, Corrin, Gracie, Grace, Mila, Milly and Olivia raised over £15,000 walking in support of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.